The Counselling Foundation of Canada is a private foundation, which champions learning and career development to help Canadians nurture the gifts and talents within themselves.
The goals of the Foundation are:
- To promote the effective delivery of career counselling through reputable and credible existing institutions (education, religious and community) to individuals involved in the process of career development;
- To work towards the professionalization of counselling and promote public education which clarifies the role and qualifications of counsellors;
- To provide leadership in the philanthropic and charitable sectors;
- To help foster a sense of clarity and pride in the career counselling and career development profession; and
- To play a role in influencing the discussion of the link between education and work.
Our Vision: A day when all Canadians are living purposeful and productive lives, helping to build a better, more prosperous society.
Our Mission: The Counselling Foundation of Canada champions learning and career development to help Canadians nurture the gifts and talents within themselves.
- We believe in the positive impact one person can have on many.
- We believe in leaders and in supporting the kind of leadership than can be a catalyst for change in our communities. The kind of leadership that inspires action, invites innovation, and gets results.
- We believe that when people have access to career counselling and career development, they make better decisions about their lives — allowing them to understand their talents and skills, and to pursue their passions.
- Ultimately, we believe in people and in allowing and challenging people to live better, happier, and more fulfilling lives. By so doing, we believe they will contribute to a healthier and more prosperous Canada.
Our Guiding Principles:
- Be bold. We take smart risks and provide leadership by addressing complex and challenging issues.
- Collaborate. We build our relationships on a foundation of trust that allows for flexible partnerships, while promoting learning within our community so practices can be communicated, built upon, and improved.
- Maximize our impact. We support partners and initiatives that have the potential to deliver significant change — either directly or through a ripple effect.
- Invest in leadership. We know that leadership begets results and we look to fund exceptional leaders who can deliver on an initiative regardless of scope or scale.
- Think long-term. We acknowledge that it takes time to affect large scale societal change.