The goals of the Foundation are to:
- Promote the effective delivery of career counselling through reputable and credible existing institutions (education, religious and community) to individuals involved in the process of career development;
- Work towards the professionalization of counselling and promote public education which clarifies the role and qualifications of counsellors;
- Provide leadership in the philanthropic and charitable sectors;
- Help foster a sense of clarity and pride in the career counselling and career development profession; and
- Play a role in influencing the discussion of the link between education and work.
A day when all people in Canada are able to contribute their skills and talents to help build a more prosperous, equitable and inclusive society.
The Counselling Foundation of Canada champions life-long learning and career development that empowers people in Canada to develop their skills and talents.
- One person can have a positive impact on many.
- Leaders who inspire action and achieve results can create change in their communities.
- Accessing career counselling and career development opportunities empowers people to make informed decisions.
- When people are able to pursue opportunities to utilize their skills and talents, they contribute to a prosperous, equitable and inclusive Canada.
Our Guiding Principles
- Be bold. Take smart risks and provide leadership to address complex and challenging issues.
- Collaborate. Build partnerships on trust and a shared commitment to learning.
- Foster systemic change. Work with and support partners and initiatives that have the potential to deliver significant change.
- Invest in leadership. Encourage and support visionary leaders.
- Be flexible and adaptive. Change takes time; acknowledge and plan for it.